Properly is a San Francisco-based startup which provides an operations management platform for Airbnb hosts and vacation rental property managers, and a marketplace for service providers within the industry. We are backed by world-class investors such as the Sequoia Scout Fund and our SEM (software as a service enabled marketplace) tools are now used by 15K+ Airbnb hosts and property managers around the world.
The Properly team is a group of talented entrepreneurs from around the world eager to make a dent in this fast-growing industry. Our offices in the US, New Zealand, India and Europe, enable us to attract individuals from around the world.
And, thanks to increasing demand for our product, we must now grow our engineering and product teams.
This is where you come in!
We’re a rapidly growing early stage startup which means every single one of us works very hard and moves really fast. Our young and international team is a group of diversely talented characters united by a ‘Can’t hold me back, World’ spirit. We’ve travelled the globe and each of us speaks at least three languages!
Properly is funded by world-renowned investors and supported by advisors from some of the most influential and successful companies. Headquarters is located in sunny San Francisco and our second base is in Wellington, New Zealand. We offer competitive salaries, and stock options.
If you are passionate about creating tools and solutions, and get fulfillment from knowing your work has a direct impact on a product used in every corner of the world, you should join us!
● HTML, CSS, responsive web design
● Front-end testing, Jest
● Agile methodology and values
● Continuous Integration pipelines
● AWS, cloud infrastructure as a service
● NoSQL databases, MongoDB
Behavioral and interpersonal skills:
● Excellent communication, written, verbal, formal or informal, within the team or with external stakeholders and managers, negotiation.
● Leadership through mentoring, knowledge sharing, constructive feedback.
● A desire for excellence and continuous improvement.
● Commitment to goals, ownership, accountability.
● Attention to detail.
This role presents a unique opportunity to apply software development skills and commitment to achieve outsized returns in a startup that has a proven concept, solid growth engine, and an amazingly talented team.
● Node.js, React, Redux, Sagas, Jest, GraphQL, Apollo, React Native
● Node.js, Moleculer microservices, Jest, MongoDB, NATS.io, Redis
● AWS, EC2, ECS, Lambda, Terraform, Infrastructure as Code, Docker
● Git - Git Flow
What we offer:
● The opportunity to collaborate side-by-side with a very motivated and international team.
● Other senior developers with whom to collaborate, develop your coding abilities and grow your future potential.
● The chance to learn new things (online and offline) and meet interesting people from within our team.
● The opportunity to work and network in Bizdojo on Tory street, a collaborative office filled with leading technology and software entrepreneurs.
● The experience of working at an ambitious product startup first-hand.
● Competitive compensation and stock options.
● Cake on Birthdays, snacks when possible, drinks on a Friday, bottomless espresso coffee, and a bright future alongside our team!